Pregnancy, body image.

When I found out I was pregnant in October, I'll be honest, my first thought was, "I am not ready for this."

I still think that every day! At first, I felt really bad about feeling this way. I didn't feel unprepared as in I didn't want to be a mother, it was more that I didn't feel like I would be good enough for this precious, beautiful baby that I have been blessed with.
Since that moment, everyday since has been a full on sprint to getting myself, and everything else prepared for our little boy.

The changes I have gone through, mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually, and all the other 'ally' stuff, has been demanding and very difficult. I know that it will continue to become even more so, but at this point, all I feel is absolute, pure joy!

When I feel my little bee moving around, I am overwhelmed with peace and excitement at once.

Before pregnancy, my tummy was tight and toned...that is no longer the case. Even with healthy diet and exercise, there's this BUMP! And I LOVE it! I used to hear my friends talk about not wanting kids because it would ruin their bodies. How sad? We refuse joy and life itself for beauty.

To have scars on my body but my bubble of squishy love in my arms, Oh! I am honored!

Body image and beauty is so drilled into our heads and we are polished to think that we are here to look good is such a sad realization of society.

Life is weird to say the very least. 5 years ago, I would have stood before you and told you who I was and it would have been a completely different person than who I am today. I am so thankful for that. I've gotten to grow in ways I never thought I would. I don't have it all together, and if we really look into the company we covet, do any of them have it together? Probably not.

I am just thankful for where I am and all the things I have been blessed with. If we all just take a step back and look at our lives from a more thankful perspective, it's not too shabby :D

Into the journey!