Piece by piece

When I first started this blog, my hope was to post about make-up, skin care, beauty, etc.
I never really planned to talk about my life or thoughts. Not like anyone would be interested in that anyway, right? I don't remember why I decided to get personal. But I did, and it was the most freeing thing I've done.

If you met me in real life, you would know about my love and passion for words and the simplicity of human life. There is nothing more beautiful to me than a person being completely vulnerable and loving fearlessly. If we could all take our masks off and wear our scars and mistakes plainly, it would be such a different world. Absolutely raw. Naked and stripped of lies and the smiles we hide behind.

I have no doubt that anyone on this planet could make me cry, and it wouldn't even be hard. I have always had a fragile heart. I used to think that was weak. If I hear a song that reminds me of a memory, I lose it!
I will absolutely break down in the middle of Wal-Mart when I see that little girl in the wheelchair handing out flowers. I cried for 3 days after watching Titanic. I'm not ashamed of this anymore.
Why can't I feel everything and let you know I'm feeling it. You know what?!! That's real, raw emotion.
I'm sick and tired of trying to "keep it together". Because, why? I cry because I'm so happy sometimes. I cry because I remember when I caught a snowflake on my tongue one night while having a snowball fight with my brother and I miss the complete peace and bliss of the moment.

If I could beg one thing of the ones I love, it would be to stop hiding your joy, your pain, your flaws, your bare humanity. Show me who you are and I promise to love you endlessly for it!
Be scared! But do it anyway.

And piece by piece, we find our way to utter happiness within the walls of our selves.

Just a thought. *